RE: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-02-03 20:31:20
These days are over. Since about 10 years people using the
internet have not a single idea about the technical side of it.
99.9% of all mail users would be more than happy when their
ISP would do anything to suppress their spam.

All I think is necessary here is for the ISP to

      * Tell the end user what they are doing
      * Give the user an opportunity to opt out or select different
settings

I think that it would be OK to require ISPs to get consent from
the end user.

What I want to avoid here is a situation where a Rupert Murdoch could
decide to only allow political groups that agree with Fox News to
send mail to customers.

              Phill

I agree wholeheartedly with Phill

we must not let a precious few decide whats good or not good for us mere
punters.

I have run into some of the self appointed web based DemiGods and they are
rather unlikeable chaps. who firmly believe they know best.

unfortunately they usually get elected to government ;)

it is also a major mistake to believe what the majority will accept(mostly
through ignorance), is good enough for everybody.

Regards
Chris
Rebel(_at_)rebel(_dot_)com(_dot_)au