RE: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-02-03 20:48:34

Suppose that is the price we pay with education - we expect
others to have
the same level of knowledge and that they understand us and
our reasoning.

No, the users know far more about the Internet. They use it
more aggressively than the establishment for a start.

The divide is much closer to the old divide between the
mainframe MIS types and the people like me who grew up with
micros. The MIS types thought they knew everything because
they used the most powerful machines of the day. But they
simply could not see why technologies like MVS and COBOL
were doomed for the dustbin. They had grown up with the faults
and could no longer see them.

What I want to avoid here is a situation where a Rupert Murdoch could
decide to only allow political groups that agree with Fox News to
send mail to customers.

The same happens everyday, everywhere. Take for example SMS messages
between different operators. Its often not even possible to
send a SMS from
operator A to someone using operator B. Why? Surely not because of
technical reasons. The whole GSM mobile market is a good
example of how a
few rule millions. What is there that these millions can do
for/against it?

That is something that will be solved sooner rather than later.

The millions usually win.