Re: [Asrg] The fundamental misconception about paying for mail POSTAGE

2008-11-30 12:34:47

On November 29, 2008 at 14:00 prussell(_at_)nd(_dot_)edu (Paul Russell) wrote:
On 11/29/2008 12:50 PM, Seth wrote:

How does your model enforce that spammers pay (and not the owners of
zombied machines)?

Why shouldn't the owners of zombied machines pay for their negligence?

Well, at that point we not only enter the realm of morality, we enter
the realm of marketing.

But I don't think it's particularly the charge of a group like this to
delve into either except perhaps at the extremum or out of curiosity
or completeness' sake.

Let a thousand business models bloom. Or as the X11 people would say,
"mechanism, not policy".

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide