Re: [Asrg] The fundamental misconception about paying for mail POSTAGE

2008-11-30 02:36:33
At 19:21 29-11-2008, mathew wrote:
So if Microsoft annoy a significant number of their customers by making it easy for third parties to spend all their e-mail postage credits, people might start to favor Microsoft's competitors?

I don't think so as it's the ISP which is charging the subscriber and that's the competition I'm talking about.

Wait, weren't you supposed to be arguing that this was a bad thing?

No.

Rich explained who is responsible for the hazard. I mentioned why it may be difficult to fine the subscriber for the negligence when the he/she has been sold the idea of "unlimited" service.

If e-mail postage is introduced and is a success, subscribers may elect to do away with using the ISP for mail services and SMTP access. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you stand.

Regards,
-sm