Re: [Asrg] The fundamental misconception about paying for mail POSTAGE

2008-11-30 12:21:02
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 01:35, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:

At 19:21 29-11-2008, mathew wrote:

So if Microsoft annoy a significant number of their customers by making it
easy for third parties to spend all their e-mail postage credits, people
might start to favor Microsoft's competitors?

I don't think so as it's the ISP which is charging the subscriber and
that's the competition I'm talking about.

It may be your ISP who sells you postage, but switching to another ISP won't
let you avoid using postage.

Rich explained who is responsible for the hazard.  I mentioned why it may be
difficult to fine the subscriber for the negligence when the he/she has been
sold the idea of "unlimited" service.

You're not fining the subscriber. You're selling them the postage they need
to send e-mail. If someone pwns them and uses up all their postage, you are
not involved in the process of imposing that financial burden. Just like
it's not the USPS's problem if someone steals the stamps out of your wallet.

mathew