Re: [Asrg] The fundamental misconception about paying for mail POSTAGE

2008-11-29 12:51:12
Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com> wrote:

How much do you believe a typical email costs? How many have you sent
this month. Multiply the two numbers together and report back.

Individual spammers send O(billion) per day. Now, take that cost from
the first part and multiply instead by a billion.

Whaddya think?

I think spammers will steal resources to continue sending spam at the
expense of other people.

Just like they do now.

But without pricing all you really have is bickering about what is
meant by "unsolicited" or "legit" etc.

And with pricing you have to ensure that the "right" people pay it.

And if you could do that, you wouldn't need pricing.

How can you say this when I have typed in a perfectly reasonable model
perhaps a dozen times even just in the past several days?

How does your model enforce that spammers pay (and not the owners of
zombied machines)?

Nothing I have ever said, nor believe, involves recipients deciding
who to charge or not charge.

So who does get to decide?

Seth