Re: [Asrg] Mailing list signup handshakes

2008-11-29 13:29:20
On Nov 29, 11:31am, John Levine wrote:
}
} If recipient systems had some way to know what bulk mail their users
} had asked for, there would be all sorts of benefits.  They could skip
} the spam filtering for the requested mail, know when to display an
} unsubscribe button vs. a spam button, and probably more that doesn't
} immediately occur to me.

Since we're talking about X-ASVP elsewhere ... isn't the above what
X-ASVP was desgined to do?  Or have I misunderstood X-ASVP?

A few years ago I had an idea for a similar sort of registry, but I
was persuaded by those who argued that it would fail because no one
has a financial incentive to become an early adopter.