Re: [Asrg] where the message originated

2009-01-12 12:42:17
Ian Eiloart wrote:

Of course they could, but wouldn't they be better advised to take
responsibility for their domains, thus preventing me from having to deal
with spam sent "from" their domain?

Please describe a _practical_ way to deal with Russian or Ukrainian
virus/botspammers forging our domains in their spewage.

SPF?  DKIM?  We do SPF.  We may end up doing DKIM some day.  But it
won't make a significant difference to what is being _sent_.

This is vaguely reminiscent of the complainer who, when I pointed out
that our domain in his complaint was forged, replied with "well, you
must be doing something bad if they're forging you like that".

Splorf.  "Bad" for whom? ;-)