Re: [Asrg] where the message originated (was: DKIM role?) (SM)

2009-01-16 08:52:18
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Ian Eiloart
<iane(_at_)sussex(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Actually, it occurred to me that we have mechanisms whereby domain owners
can prevent abuse of their domains (SPF and DKIM). Therefore, we should feel
free to bounce email to any domain owner the doesn't deploy SPF and DKIM -
in order to encourage them to do so. Of course, bouncing email is also OK
when you find an SPF or DKIM match.

Ian, the correct way of phrasing it is that SPF and DKIM can MITIGATE
(my emphasis) certain types of abuse of their domains.

I would also point out that someone could deploy an SPF record with a
+all. How does that prevent anything?