[ietf-dkim] Appeals to Authority

2008-03-12 12:39:10
Dave Crocker wrote:
The only alternative is to take your assertion as coming from a sole
source of authority on the matter.

Working groups tend to be poor venues for appeals to authority.

I'd like the chairs to clarify whether treating a working group like
a debating club is appropriate. I gave my experience as an
implementor in good faith. What Dave is saying here is that I'm
either incompetent, lying, or otherwise an unreliable source. I do
not see why such a person attack is an appropriate response as
it serves to drag the working group into the mud. Manifestly.

                Mike