Re: [ietf-dkim] Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-30 10:52:12
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Jeff Macdonald
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 8:32 AM
To: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
should strip DKIM signatures

Perhaps poorly chosen words. But I think most understood the intent.
I'm willing to go from a world where any system can use my From to one
where only the systems I say can. And that means changes.

It has been pointed out that MLM implementers have even more inertia than your
average MTA implementer.  Although many header fields have been invented
specifically for the purpose of aiding list management (your List-Id: and
List-Unsubscribe:, not to mention Sender:), their adoption has not exactly been
universal.

So you might be gung ho for big changes that will make things better, but we
need to accept the fact that a substantial portion of the installed base won't
change, at least not soon, and we can't ignore them.  Any BCP we produce will
have to take that into account.