Re: [ietf-dkim] the danger of ADSP, was list vs contributor

2010-06-02 17:38:07
On Jun 2, 2010, at 4:08 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 6/2/2010 2:58 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
If we all agree that that's a valid characterization of ADSP, I suggest we
move to get it downgraded from Proposed Standard to Experimental.

I don't recall seeing anything that looks like "we all agree" on such a
point.
That some do is fine,but  we also know that many do not.

Count me as not agreeing.  We always knew ADSP discardable wasn't appropriate
for domains with users who send messages to mailing lists, and is equally
inappropriate for all sorts of other legitimate uses of email.  It's possible
that the draft doesn't contain a strong enough warning that discardable = mail
could be discarded, but that doesn't mean the whole thing is entirely broken.

I'd really like to hear from a domain owner who published a discardable policy
even though they knew they had users who send messages to mailing lists.  I'd
like to know why they thought it was okay.  Then, we'll know.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk(_at_)returnpath(_dot_)net>
Return Path Inc