[ietf-dkim] despair

2011-04-26 16:45:21

There sure seems to be an awful lot of changes going on for a
supposed draft standard document. I for one can't keep up with
the rate of change, and I doubt anybody else can either. I really
don't care if each individual piece can -- microscopically -- be
justified within the process of draft standard:  I have no way
to determine whether these changes as a whole constitute a
compatible protocol with 4871 or not.

Bugs happen. Going from proposed to draft should be akin to
making changes to a running system -- few and only when
urgently needed. I can't believe that the bulk of the changes
are anywhere close to that threshold. And it seems to be
getting worse in the home stretch, not better. This is made
far worse because the vast majority of people who contributed
to 4871 aren't paying attention to the changes.

Mike, recycle or rollback at this point seems more fitting