Re: [ietf-dkim] despair

2011-04-26 18:06:07
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Michael Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:43 PM
Cc: DKIM IETF WG
Subject: [ietf-dkim] despair

There sure seems to be an awful lot of changes going on for a
supposed draft standard document. I for one can't keep up with
the rate of change, and I doubt anybody else can either. I really
don't care if each individual piece can -- microscopically -- be
justified within the process of draft standard:  I have no way
to determine whether these changes as a whole constitute a
compatible protocol with 4871 or not.

Barry has asked me to prepare a "diff" of sorts that compares RFC4871 with
RFC4871bis so that we can all see the distillation of the proposed changes.
I'll be doing that in the next day or so.