Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-04 14:10:01
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

Hector wrote:

Now if we wish to be really truly DKIM complete:

    The AUID MAY be passed to Trust Assessors as well.

    The ODID MAY be used in advanced identity assessors such as
    Checking Signing Practices [RFC4686, RFC5595, RFC5016, RFC5617].

It already says:

   The output MAY include other signature properties or result meta-
   data, including PERMFAILed or otherwise ignored signatures, for use
   by modules that consume those results.

Since the AUID counts as "other signature properties" and the
RFC5322.From counts as "result meta-data", can we finally say
we're done?

(I didn't think so.)

Professional? :)

I can't be any more:

         Being specific is terrific!

Spell it out. Its not a mystery. Its in-scope, not harmful and gives a
receiver a better reason to consider DKIM with greater usefulness
regarding security which no one should take for granted - even
marketers are finally get that point.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com