Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was Output

2011-05-09 08:34:44

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John R. Levine
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 2:02 PM
To: Dave CROCKER
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was
Output

1.  State principals that are specific to the content of the draft
and that
give guidance about the scope and boundaries of what should be
covered.

2.  Make specific suggestions for specific bits of text in the
draft.

Despite the valiant work that Murray has put into the MLM document, my
preference, which I doubt has any hope of gaining consensus, would be
throw it away and replace it by one page that says

a) many lists break signatures, which isn't going to stop

b) so it would be nice if they signed their mail on the way out.

Everything else is either too marginal to be worth worrying about, or
not
a problem if a list's mail has a credible signature.*

Failing that, I don't see small changes making it any better, so just
ship
it.

+1