Re: [ietf-dkim] 8bit downgrades

2011-05-23 15:07:48
Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On 23/May/11 06:35, Hector Santos wrote:
Alessandro Vesely wrote:

For example, MTAs that autoconvert from quoted-printable to 8bit, a
rather common circumstance.
I did the following Content-Transfer-Encoding failure analysis:

     Failure rates for message top level encoding type
| enctype               total       bodyfail     pct     |
| 8bit                  31          25           80.6    |

It is not clear what part of these 8bit failures is due to messages
that had been downgraded before signing, and then upgraded before
verifying.

None.

Of the 31, 20 were from Keith Moore signed messages into the IETF-SMTP
list with a 3rd party signature and Hoffman's list server (non-dkim
aware) doing this:

                         hoffman.proper.com id p4BLC7Hl032165

These 20 all failed and the hop count was 6.  It was the only list
message,

Of the remaining 11, all spam, all direct (hops=1), 5 failed - 2
domains - 3 pure American Spam and 2 Spanish Spam.

Moore sent me a direct email recently, and from what I can see, its
the same 3rd party signer with:

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com
http://santronics.blogspot.com