Re: consensus call of RR prefix

2004-09-07 14:56:23

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 14:32, Andrew Newton wrote:

Therefore, that leaves one under-discussed question: should a prefix be
used to avoid collision with other records as one measure of preventing
the requirement of DNS over TCP?

        No.

1) Inconsistent with SPF RR that doesn't use a prefix
2) Causes deployment headaches for those who use
   DNS providers whose web-based tools cannot handle
   sub-domains or underscore characters.

--
HELO, my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!