Re: consensus call of RR prefix

2004-09-05 10:26:05

william(at)elan.net wrote:
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

- Requiring an underscored prefix to prevent this (likely non-existent)
future problem prevents and slows adoption of MARID by those whose DNS
providers do not allow underscores. It would seem strange if MARID provided TXT publishing to improve deployment, but then placed it in an underscored prefix which impedes deployment.

I have a question for Michael here: Is "_" as part of the prefix name the only problem you see (or the primarily one) as far as what you see wrong about introduced idea of
using prefixes for placement of SPF TXT records?

Similarly if others here who have so far spoken against using prefix also
see underscore as the main problem, please also speak up as I believe it is important issue for chairs to recongnize as far as arguments against it and how strong technically these arguments are.

Doesn't SRV use _?