Re: First vs. last -- Need and interest

2007-02-04 13:25:44

offlist.

Claus Assmann wrote:
I keep wondering whether it isn't just as useful and far simpler to have an SMTP option that says "send addresses after content"?

No (see an earlier mail about this suggestion).

I am not finding any postings that relate to the model I am suggesting. Although there are some statements of preference, perhaps, there aren't any explanations that I am finding.

Eric's proposal retains the initial address processing, and then adds post-content responses. This is more complicated than the model I cited, which entirely MOVES the address portion to the end.

Please clarify.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker