Re: Recap: Re: rfc2821bis-03: Issue 31: Retain new FTP comparison text in 4.2.1

2007-04-30 08:06:01

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 11:04:30PM -0400, Tony Hansen wrote:

The consensus on this text

  It is worth noting that the file transfer protocol (FTP [35]) uses a
  very similar code architecture and that the SMTP codes are based on
  the FTP model.  However, SMTP uses a one-command, one-response model,
  while FTP is asynchronous and the 1yz codes are not part of the SMTP
  model.

is almost dead even. I'll leave this one open for two more days, then
give a consensus call. If it remains even, it will become "editor's choice".

Seems reasonable to me; it does no harm and adds a small bit of
information.  Not being able to resist bit-fiddling, I'd replace "the
1yz codes" with "1yz codes" or "FTP's 1yz codes", though.

mm