Re: Recap: Re: rfc2821bis-03: Issue 31: Retain new FTP comparison text in 4.2.1

2007-04-29 20:43:00

--On Sunday, 29 April, 2007 23:04 -0400 Tony Hansen
<tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com> wrote:

The consensus on this text

  It is worth noting that the file transfer protocol (FTP
[35]) uses a   very similar code architecture and that the
SMTP codes are based on   the FTP model.  However, SMTP uses a
one-command, one-response model,   while FTP is asynchronous
and the 1yz codes are not part of the SMTP   model.

is almost dead even. I'll leave this one open for two more
days, then give a consensus call. If it remains even, it will
become "editor's choice".

Speaking personally (not as editor), I'm slightly inclined to
leave it, simply because dropping of the 1yz text would seem odd
without _some_ comment.  Very slightly, however.

     john