Re: per user post-data rejects, Processing after the end of DATA

2010-08-12 18:36:21

Dave CROCKER wrote:
Might as well ask an even more basic question:

I had the impression that multi-recipient RCPT-TO usage had essentially disappeared. The growth of sending per-recipient tailored messages seemed to be the cause.

Wow. Not in my experience, definitely not for ordinary B-to-B, where the median is probably over 1.5, and not even for legit bulk.

I had a particularly memorable sender a year ago that sent newsletters. They highly optimized their RCPT TO's, so not only would they send to multiple recipients in the same message, they'd combine recipients in different domains if the MX's allowed it. It was a headache for me because some of my customers were careless with their MX records, and mail would be combined for recipients that were on different mailhosts.

<csg>