Re: per user post-data rejects, Processing after the end of DATA

2010-08-12 19:10:51

> One of the typical ways this plays out is the system spam filter, for whatever
> reason, misses some spam. (Hardly an uncommon occurance.) One user then takes
> it upon themselves to add a rule to reject the spam they received. But other
> users don't do this.

So if they've decided it's spam, what's the problem with throwing it away?

The same problem as always: False positives. While I think the various
admonitions we have in various documents that try and discourage silently
dropping messages are unrealistic, the fact remains that silent draps create
reliability issues. Rejects address this issue and are preferable, as long
as they don't create additional issues.

                                Ned