Re: per user post-data rejects, Processing after the end of DATA

2010-08-14 15:13:25

Hello,

May I hear other opinions, if what I write is off-topic or not?

I replied in one email to the notes, I wanted to reply. Not all original citations came from David.

On 10.08 he wrote:
> The only advantage I see in running the spam filter before ACCEPT is a few less messages at the bottom of my spam bucket.

On 14.08 he posted:
> While I think it would be a good thing to send a notice of some sort
when a message is not whitelisted, we cannot do that now because of
the "near ban" on NDNs

This can be avoided by running the spam filter before ACCEPT after CRLF.CRLF and SMTP reject the unwanted messages.

> ... we do not decide what goes in an individual recipient's quarantine folder. All our Receiver does is tag the message with a spam score. The recipient decides whether to a maintain a separate folder with high spam scores (a quarantine), where to set the spam/ham threshold, and how much time to spend reviewing messages with a high spam score.

If the recipients decides to maintain a separate folder with high spam score, this might lead to false positives -- too late read mails, or even overseen messages. Of course, every such delayed reading is caused by the users, not by the administrators, but the users might prefer SMTP rejections instead of checking the spam folders.

Със здраве
  Дилян

On 14.08.2010 21:25, David MacQuigg wrote:
Dilyan,

Looks like there is quite a bit of miscommunication here, even some
forum where we won't be adding off-topic chatter. I've copied your last
post to the following forum, and replied to it there.

http://groups.google.com/group/registry_internet/browse_frm/thread/f9115085b6668652/03123968449ee555#03123968449ee555

If that link doesn't work, go to
http://groups.google.com/group/registry_internet and click on the
discussion "Problems with post-processing and DSNs".

Anyone from this list who is interested is welcome to join us.

Дилян Палаузов wrote:

<snip many pages>

By the way, in the Russian newspapers you can read job offers for
marketing agents. Their job is to send mails using free mail providers
to a provided long lists of recipients by copy&paste the list of
addresses [= to send spam]. Thus, if the message comes from an A-rated
domain, it does not mean the message is ham.

I no longer argue whether it is possible for free mail providers to
block outgoing spam, I just take advantage of the fact that most of them
do. None of our A-rated domains send spam. Zero.

-- Dave