On 02/12/2015 18:02, Ted Lemon wrote:
Wednesday, Dec 2, 2015 12:40 PM John Levine wrote:
You can kind of tell where I am from my mail headers,
but since my name and address and phone number are in the phone book,
it's hard to imagine what the damage would be.
The damage is that there are quite a few John Levines in the world.   If you
say something that triggers someone's desire to harass you, they will be able
to use your IP address to determine that it is the John Levine who lives in
Trumansburg who offended them,

But you've got his email address...

taugh.com/contact.phtml says their address is in Trumansburg - there, I didn't need his IP address!

Try finding which town *I* live in without using my email address... :-)