Re: [ietf-smtp] [Shutup] new opportunities to disagree, was Proposed Charter

2015-12-11 14:36:17
sucking, she can switch to Google, or have me operate her mail service, or
take
some other option.   She is not locked in.

So the solution is for everyone to get their own domain, so their address
is portable?

I'm sorry, but this is nothing short of delusional.

I have to say I'm impressed at the way it allows us to move seamlessly
from the current argument between people who believe themselves to be
privacy advocates and people with actual experience who know it's more
complicated to the WHOIS contact proxy argument between people who
believe themselves to be privacy advocates and people with actual
experience who know it's more complicated.

R's,
John

PS: The reason I am a domain reseller is that it was easier to do that
than to keep providing free support to my users and friends who were
having problems with other registrars.