Re: [ietf-smtp] [Shutup] chatting with big gorillas, was Proposed Charter

2015-12-14 10:07:24
On 14/12/2015 15:31, John Levine wrote:
 Talk about something that doesn't scale.

Oh, I know it won't scale. But if the assertion is that "gmail is so amazing that no one ever needs to contact them" (which it was), then I'll dispute that.

Given that offering helpful support doesn't scale, so gmail can't/won't answer 'postmaster' emails with a helpful reply, then maybe that's a reason why information needs to be available to people so they can help themselves, rather than hiding even more.