Friday, Dec 11, 2015 10:43 AM Peter Bowyer wrote:
But that's not what I was saying. Trying to get a *customer* to change
provider doesn't work. We suggest it all the time - there are many BIG,
crap, providers in the UK, and most people use them, even though they are
obviously crap. The users won't change, however much you tell them to. I
think I could count on one hand the number of our customers who have changed
from a rubbish provider to a good one in the past 10 years. I've lost count
of the number who have gone the other way, against our recommendation,
because the new provider is 'cheaper', or it's who the MD uses at home or
something.

ISP != Mail Service Provider.   So this isn't really a response to what I said.
  Most people I correspond with use gmail, which works very well--that's why
most people use it.

So the 'this won't work in the real world' is absolutely true. Much as
we would wish it wasn't.

In the real world, if the dependability of your mail service is important to
you, you will switch.  If it isn't, you get what you pay for, and that's okay.
 It's not our job to be enablers for people who want to get something for
nothing.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com