Re: way out of the DNS problems? (former Re: delegation mechanism, Re: Trees have one root)

2002-08-02 16:13:20

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Einar Stefferud wrote:

Long long ago, I tried to help ICANN, per request from Esther Dyson.
She asked me to assist their new ICANN Public Relations Firm
(Ogalvie&???).  So, I corresponded with them, but all I managed to do
was warn them about stupid stuff, and help them to thus pull the wool
over everyone's eyes.  So, I departed the scene and have since left
them to flounder on their own power, in their race for the cliff.

i remember ... but you know so many people have mentioned ester was a
backstaber.  she's a pr girl.  and i'm sure we have seen all her
backpeddling pr blaming icann for this and that.  icann is begging to feed
on itself.

did they ever ask practical question while they held your ear - i.e.
security and privacy issues in root operations ... and the dangers to
operating a root?

regards
joe