Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-19 12:18:12
so it's not like I haven't actually been working on solving the
problem.

I didn't say you haven't been. So, my question at this point is:

(1) If these solutions aren't available, why not?
(2) If they are available and people don't want them, why not?

it may be too early, and lots of people are still misinformed.

Rather than complaining about NAT, it seems like we would be better
served assuming that people have reasons for making the choices
they have and trying to accomodate those.

the two are not mutually exclusive.   and though I do assume that people
have reasons for making they choices they make, why should I assume
either that the people have much of a choice, or that the reasons that
the people give are valid, in the presence of ample evidence to the
contrary?