Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-19 12:02:22
they would switch if they had alternatives available.  but people
like you keep claiming that alternatives aren't needed because the
market has spoken.

Nonsense. I'd love to see an alternative. Obviously, NATS have costs
and a solution that reduced those costs would be better. What
alternative, exactly, are you offering?

6to4 is one.  and before Christian wrote his shipworm/teredo proposal I
had my own proposal to tunnel v6 over v4+NAT.   there's also my draft
describing my best effort to produce a mechanism that would allow v4
apps to tolerate NATs and still have general connectivity.  (I tried,
but it turns out that it's far easier to support 6to4 and/or teredo)

so it's not like I haven't actually been working on solving the problem.

Keith