Re: Adding [ietf] considered harmful

2003-12-17 15:16:14

i tend to agree with keith. this thread should have started life
with the subject line "I can't figure out how to use filters on my
client-side or web-side email system" and died right there.

(Both hotmail and yahoo can at least filter on "To: or Cc:"
which'll catch emails sent to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org - the same rule's
worked for my old netscape 4.x client for years.)

gja

Keith Moore wrote:

would it be asking too much to add [ietf]  to the subject line of each
message?

yes.  it's completely redundant information, and it interferes with
readability,
particularly on small displays.

why don't you get a better mail reader that lets you classify mail as it
arrives?
that is a much better way to distinguish one list's traffic from another.