Re: Separated document review [Re: Voting (again)]

2005-04-27 21:37:00
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Adrian Farrel wrote:
What went wrong with ICAR (Improved Cross-Area Review)?  It was closed
due to lack of activity; 12 people enlisted as reviewers, just a
single review conducted, the reviewers didn't deliver.

I think your conclusion that "the reviewers didn't deliver" might be taken
poorly by the reviewers on the list who weren't asked to deliver.

That's true.. I was certainly on the reviewer list myself, and I was never asked to review anything :-).

However, as a WG chair asked 2-3 times through the ICAR chairs (just as an experiment to see if the process worked), unfortunately with little success.

But there may have been other reasons for the failure as well, such as not enough publicity, too low "rewards" for the reviewers, etc.