Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-07 10:49:50
Hallam-Baker, Phillip writes:

The problems with HTML are almost entirely the result of people trying
to give the author control over the final format which is none of the
author's beeswax.

It has been the author's prerogative for thousands of years; I'm not
sure why that must change now.  The author is the creator of the
content, not the reader.

I also agree about the PDF font problem. I do have problems printing pdf
documents from time to time and every two weeks acrobat asks to upgrade
itself, then if I forget and click yes thinks for a while before
concluding that it can't upgrade my copy which is the paid version, not
the free one.

If the fonts are properly embedded, they are not a problem.