Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-07 20:08:44
Frank Ellermann writes:

But some PDFs generated with open office still work with my
old Acroreader 3, no "colorspace 6 not found" or other issues
like "cannot extract embedded font".  And why should I want
any embedded fonts, my OS/2 has a nice Adobe Courier, a nice
Adobe Hevetica, even some ugly Times New Roman, that should
be good enough for anything I care about (excl. math.)

I still use Acrobat 4.x to generate PDFs, and it works just fine.
Generally speaking, there's nothing in an ordinary document that
requires anything more recent.  The more recent versions are designed
to maintain revenue for Adobe, not to provide any useful features or
functionality.