Re: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-08 06:40:06

On Nov 8, 2005, at 4:26 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

BTW, does anyone who knows IETF and the RFC-editor function better
than I do, can tell why RFC 2629 is not the mandatory official format
for RFC, even now after six years?

My guess is that it is not a trivial matter to convert RFCs submitted in other forms into 2629 xml format. And though I prefer to use xml2rfc, there are many people desiring some of the word processor features (track changes, etc...) that are just not found in the xml authoring tools.

-andy