Re: [Ieprep] Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (ieprep)

2006-11-06 11:28:01
"Janet" == Janet P Gunn <jgunn6(_at_)csc(_dot_)com> writes:

    Janet> It seems to me that there are two separate issues.

    Janet> First, should this work be done within IETF, or would it be
    Janet> better done in ITU (or ATIS, etc.)?

    Janet> Second, if it is done within IETF, should it be done in
    Janet> IEPREP, or some other working group?

    Janet> In Sam's earlier emails, he seemed to be saying that this
    Janet> work belonged in ITU.  However his latest email accepts
    Janet> that a large amount of the work DOES belong in IETF.

No.

I believe that the work specified in the new ieprep charter belongs in
ITU.

I believe that there is work that belongs in the IETF such as
extensions to IETf protocols like RSVP.  I don't think that work is
within the proposed ieprep charter

I acknowledged that extending IETF protocols belongs in the IETF.  But
IEPREP is not being chartered to do that.  I think the things in the
proposed IEPREP charter are not within the scope of what the IETF
should do.