Re: The Internet 2.0 box Was: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

2007-08-24 10:19:56
Iljitsch,

On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
Regardless of the theatrics, this statement is still incorrect. As I said in my previous message, you can't keep the old addresses internally either so all of this buys you nothing.

I suspect the number of people who NAT into something other than RFC 1918 space is infinitesimally small and had assumed it was not necessary to explain the use of RFC 1918 space.

Your contributions to this thread have undoubtedly added great clarity.

Regards,
-drc