Re: The Internet 2.0 box Was: IPv6 addresses really are scarceafter all

2007-08-24 09:50:55
I think it's time that the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org filters flag all messages with the word "NAT" in it as spam. NAT discussions are always fruitless: we're not going to get rid of it in the IPv4 world and using it even more than today won't fix any of our problems, so NAT is orthogonal to any high-level IETF discussion.

I can't decide if Dan Wing would think that flagging all IETF mailing list discussion of NAT as spam would be a good thing, or a bad thing ...

... perhaps we should finish the BEHAVE specifications first? Otherwise, the Last Call discussion may be a trifle strange.

:-)

Spencer, who is not unsympathetic to the proposal, only to the timing ...