Re: The Internet 2.0 box Was: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

2007-08-24 15:05:42
On 8/24/07, Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:
nice idea, but I'm fairly convinced that it's impractical.  there are
just too many interfaces, many of them nonstandard and application
specific, that need to know about IP addresses.

maybe we could come up with a 90% solution, but that 10% is still a bear.

I'm back to thinking that we have to find some way to provide PI space
to everyone.  and I'm not convinced that it doesn't scale to give
customers PI space and have PI addresses in IP packets, even though I'm
fairly convinced that trying to do routing in terms of customer PI space
doesn't scale.

ULA-C/G for everone? :)

<snip>

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rogerj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com          | - IPv6 is The Key!