Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-06 15:05:45

Dave,

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 11:54:43AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:

Hence the question about priorities.  Start with declaring Dublin the venue
and
it well might be true that this is the best venue.  Start with a requirement
that the venue have ample resources within walking distance and Dublin well
might be disqualitied.

It's all about priorities.

And no, I would not have queried if I hadn't felt that attendee convenience
were
not the priority that should be highest, but that it appears not to have been
for the Dublin event.

Maybe you should volunteer for a position on the IAOC if you believe
you can set these priorities better than the people who are
currently responsible for this job.

Quite frankly, I am not looking forward for a resort hotel setting in
the proximity of Dublin as opposed to for example a meeting in Paris.
However, that is just based on personal preferences that don't really
disqualify this location as a good location for a productive meeting
(we don't even know whether there are not a decent number of
restaurants etc. nearby the venue).

On the other hand, considering the origin of Alcatel-Lucent, I have my
suspicions that Paris actually has been considered and didn't work out
for other reasons. I am sure Ray can give us a bit more background why
we ended up in this venue (and why my corporate rate was quite a bit
more attractive than the IETF rate ... )

David Kessens
---