Re: Last Call: draft-freed-sieve-environment (Sieve Email Filtering: Environment Extension) to Proposed Standard

2008-03-20 08:04:43
"Alexey" == Alexey Melnikov <alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Alexey> Hi Sam,
    Alexey> Sam Hartman wrote:

    >> I find the string "MUA" meaning anything that happens after
    >> delivery confusing.  I'd suggest another string--possibly
    >> "POST-MDA" and reserve "MUA" for sieve scripts actually
    >> executed inside a MUA.
    >>

    Alexey> I don't think POST-MDA is any better. For typical Sieve
    Alexey> "post delivery" is always MUA.  But now that there is a
    Alexey> proposal to run Sieve in IMAP, there is another post
    Alexey> delivery point of Sieve script execution: IMAP (or
    Alexey> MailStore).

Under the current language in the draft, you'd use MUA for that case.
I find that very confusing and believe others would as well.

    >> Alternatively perhaps "MUA" could mean the script is executed
    >> at the direction of the MUA.
    >>
    Alexey> No, this is not what MUA specified in the draft means.

No, the current language in the draft would include cases where the MUA directs
something to run a sieve script within the MUA definition.