Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-22 22:13:27

At 08:30 PM 8/22/2011, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Guest Substitution: Guests may substitute names for reserved rooms without
penalty up to the event.

This sounds like a good use of the Attendees list. Anyone with reservations
who can't come should publicize it - I am sure that there will be  people who
want to come but can't get reservations.

Sorry Marshall - you're mostly trying to solve a different problem.  For
Hiroshima, I literally decided not to come at the last minute. And my scheduled
travel was such that I was able to cancel prior to 24 hours so I didn't even
incur the 1 day fee.

Anyone going to Taipei is pretty much going to have everything scheduled prior
to 24 hours before arrival (or maybe risk sleeping on the street or 10 miles
away).  The chance of being able to find someone to take your reservation with
less than 72 hours to go is pretty slim - especially considering the other
hotel in the block also requires 72 hour notice to cancel.

Later, Mike

Regards
Marshall