RE: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-23 13:07:39

You said:

"At root is that we are trying to negotiate a purchase at a discounted
 price without committing to buying any particular number of rooms,
 versus only a limited number of possible sellers."

When negotiating a group rate we actually ARE committing to buying a
certain number of rooms (the "room block"). There are certainly pros
and cons with group rates. On the pro side: guaranteed rate (but not
necessarily the absolute lowest available at any time), included
benefits (breakfast, Internet, if applicable), free or subsidized
meeting rooms where applicable. On the cons side is of course the
cancellation policy (not that it has to be as onerous as this one).

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo