Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-23 23:35:02
On 8/23/2011 10:13 PM, Thomas Nadeau wrote:

      I agree that the overall cost of each meeting is what really counts.
HOWEVER, most of us work at companies which have rules for
limits on specific charges (i.e.: hotel room rates).  Having room rates
(fees/taxes/etc...) that exceed about $200 usually gets people in
trouble with their travel departments, not to mention the overall cost
of the meeting.  I think this was discussed at the last Plenary where
typical meeting venues in Asia were having very significantly higher
costs associated with meeting venues/hotels.

This suggests that perhaps we should look a bit more a _untypical_
venues.  As I attempted (apparently with little success) to point out on
this list, once you expand your scope outside of NE Asia (by which I
mean Japan, South Korea and the easy targets in China (Beijing,
Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc.), a whole new world opens up...