Re: IAOC, travel and hotel prices

2011-08-25 04:11:47
Dear IETF Administrative Oversight Committee,

I hope that the questions below are in full compliance with BCP 101. If not, please feel free to ignore them.

A few years back, the IAOC posted the following information:

Venue I advantages include:

*  Rooms and meeting space under one roof
*  Many direct North American and International flights
*  Well known location for an IETF meeting

Venue II advantages include:

*  Broader range of hotel guest room rates and less expensive
* A new location, adjacent to a European-like historic district with numerous restaurants * Convention center a short walk from main hotels (several within a 5 minute walk)

(a) Can the IAOC provide a list of advantages and disadvantages for venue selection?

(b) Has the IAOC published (redacted) hotel contracts in the past?

(c) Can the IAOC publish (redacted) hotel contracts for past venues?

(d) Can the IAOC publish the list of members on the venue selection committee?

(e) Has the IAOC ever held asked IETF participants to vote on the selection of a venue?

(f) If the answer to (e) is yes, can the IAOC specify the voting system criteria?

(g) Where can I find the policy or guideline for setting meeting dates five years in advanced?

(h) Where can I find the policy or guideline for venue selection three years in advance?

(i) Can the IAOC provide a list of confidential and non-confidential agreements it has entered into since the year 2010?

(j) Has the IAOC taken any procedural variant decision?

(k) What guidelines have been developed for regular operational decision making?

Regards,
-sm

P.S. My opinion about the topic of travel and hotel prices is as follows: "the church is near, but the way is icy, the tavern is far, but I will walk carefully".