Re: IAOC, travel and hotel prices (was RE: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?)

2011-08-25 00:43:34
On 8/25/2011 12:10 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:

On 8/24/11 9:05 PM, Glen Zorn wrote:
I think that a large part of the problem is that the IAOC is attempting
to satisfy policies based upon consensus.

Really?  Consensus of whom?  I haven't seen anything remotely
like consensus on much to do with meeting logistics.  Closest
we seem to have come is a couple of surveys, which apparently
were treated something like votes by the people who worry
about such things.

Hmm.  What is this thread (& the many on essentially the same topic that
have preceded it)?  If I had to call consensus on it, I would
characterize it as "one roof, easy to get to, convenient for
socializing" (that, interestingly, often from those who claim to "only
go to work").  All of those things add up to big hotel in big city,
which is always expensive.

Melinda