Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-24 14:29:21
"Melinda" == Melinda Shore <melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Melinda> On 08/24/2011 07:47 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
    >> Maybe they don't realize it, but at that point they're actively
    >> working to exclude participation from those not supported by
    >> large companies or governments.

    Melinda> It seems to me that this is a very, very important point.

I'd like to underscore this poin.
I'd like to make two others.

1) We don't have to go to any particular location.  There has been an
assumption made by people in this discussion that sometimes when we pick
locations with particularly expensive hotels, we'll get particularly
expensive meetings.  That's great except that we were the ones who chose
to go to those locations.
If we can't meet our cost targets at a location, go somewhere else.

2) If I had to say yes or no in a parliamentary vote of confidence in
the IAOC, today my answer would probably be no.  I feel that a lot of
concerns have been raised, and I don't find the responses very
convincing.  When I've looked into issues with the IAOC, I haven't found
the visibility necessary to really evaluate things.
That to me is not a good combination.