Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-24 15:27:42
On 8/24/11 2:23 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

As long as a relatively large percentage of IETF folks see meetings as
an opportunity to sight-see, I don't think we'll see much support for
rotating among a small set of major hub locations.

+1

But it's worse than "relatively large percent".  There's absolutely no
minority constituency that is vocal about wanting this to change.

I'd be perfectly happy to rotate among the same 5 or 6 places all the
time, but my motto is "dare to be dull". Plus I'm not sure how such a
policy would work with sponsorships, because a number of recent sponsors
presumably preferred the meeting to happen in their country for reasons
of national pride or convenience.

That's why I declared myself giving up on this topic.

Sure, one can tilt at a particular windmill for only so long...

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/